Stanford Online offers a free writing course which contains a series of graphic-novel style learning modules designed to help you learn more about and practice a range of effective written communication skills.
The course covers five concepts crucial to writing success in the university setting.
- Introduction to Academic Language
- Audience, Purpose, and Context: Language as Communication
- Passive and Active Constructions
- Punctuation: Signposts to Guide Readers
- Argument: Making and Supporting Claims